Burgess has been appointed as the commissioning managers on some of the largest and most prestigious building projects in the UK and overseas.
Commissioning is the vital process that takes a system from static completion through to full building integrated systems testing. It is a logical and progressive sequence of testing, regulation and balancing that ensures that each system is fully compliant to both the design specification and to all relevant codes, standards and current practices.
The successful management, co-ordination and programming of this process are fundamental to the success of a project.
We are a team of dedicated and experienced professionals drawn from a wide range of backgrounds and disciplines, who are committed to project deliverables.
Our philosophy is simple; achieve and maintain the highest possible standards of services commissioning management.
The commissioning management role can vary considerably, depending on the project and the level of involvement required. The following can be considered as typical duties for a commissioning management role.
- System commissionability reviews
- Development of commissioning programmes, identification of critical path and interface with construction milestones
- Production and installation monitoring to specification and standards
- Production of as installed system documents tracking installed systems or plant from specification to final acceptance and sign off.
- Witnessing and verification of all building services including:
– Public health services
– Sprinkler and fire suppression systems
– Fire alarms and life safety systems
– High, medium and low voltage installations
– Life safety systems
– Generators and UPS installations
– Access control, security and CCTV installations
– Vertical transportation installation
- Management and organisation of commissioning documentation
- Co-ordination and organisation of witnessing and sign off inspections
- Management of statutory inspections including Building Control acceptance
- Production of operation and maintenance manuals, user guides and building logs.
We pride ourselves on our liaison and communication skills that ensure that an inclusive ethos is fostered between all project levels.