Commissioning is the vital process that takes a system from static completion through to full building integrated systems testing. It is a logical and progressive sequence of testing, regulation and balancing that ensures that each system is fully compliant to the design specification and all relevant codes, standards and current practices.
Burgess’s original inception over thirty five years ago was as a HVAC commissioning company. Our knowledge of systems has been gained over that period of time. It could be argued that in that time there is not much that we haven’t seen or set to work correctly.
We can therefore offer our clients that knowledge and experience gained within the company and also that that our engineers bring with them from their own experience and specialist expertise.
With our strategic partnerships we are able to provide turnkey commissioning services that include systems water treatment, building management systems commissioning and strategic plant commissioning.
Unlike many of our competitors we offer a complete solution. Where systems or installations are found to be failing or underperforming Burgess will find and offer a resolution, this is our benchmark. However, pre-commissioning checks including evaluation of the initial design and as installed information often highlights issues before they become a problem to be resolved on site.
With our in house range of calibrated instruments for air, water, acoustic and electrical measurement and are able to provide the following services:
- Air and water balancing and commissioning
- Acoustic evaluation of plant together with monitoring
- Electrical load testing to include switchgear, distribution equipment
- Lighting level testing and evaluation
- Water treatment and chemical dosing
- Water sampling and testing through a certified laboratory
- Ductwork cleanliness swabbing and analysis through a certified laboratory
- Pump and fan sizing, through system resistance assessment
- Plant and equipment load testing and efficiency assessment
- Gas safety checks
- HEPA filter DOP testing and validation
- Smoke visualisation
- Pressure cascade validation and plant set up
- Smoke extract testing
- VAV system balancing
Having active members of BSRIA, CIBSE and The Institute of Refrigeration ensures that our internal systems and practices are fully conversant with recommendations and guidelines published by these bodies.