Health and Safety: Statement of Intent
We state that:
Burgess holds Health and Safety as a core business value and is committed to creating a future free of incidents and injuries, where:
- All stakeholders actively create safe environments;
- Leadership, passion and commitment are present at all levels;
- Working Safely enhances quality, improves productivity and generates value;
- Attitude and behaviour replace statistics as a measure of success;
- People are enabled to make safe choices about their own and their neighbour’s safety and to challenge the environment in which they work;
- Good safety behaviour is admired, respected and recognised across the organisation;
- Peer pressure has replaced policing – acting unsafely is anti-social;
- We have a well trained and fully competent workforce who actively contribute to the safe planning of their work;
- Burgess only welcomes those who support our vision and are willing to change – no compromise on safety.
“Safety is No Accident”
The Company recognises the importance of discharging all its statutory obligations and duties. Our minimum health and safety obligations are those required by relevant legislation and authoritative guidance. Burgess will take appropriate steps to meet, and in many cases enhance these requirements.
The Board of Directors fully endorse this HS&E Policy and will ensure that it is periodically reviewed to ensure it remains legally compliant, achievable, relevant and credible.
Continual improvement will be achieved by effective implementation of the above. Everyone working for Burgess is required to support and promote this Policy and comply with the requirements and duties identified