135 Bishopsgate, London
Situated next to Liverpool Street Station, 135 Bishopsgate is one of three buildings that form a 350 metre continuous frontage along Bishopsgate.
The building has been transformed into an architecturally striking new commercial and retail space.
New tenants have taken occupation and commenced internal Cat B fit-outs on nine floors of commercial office space.
Eataly, the Italian marketplace chain will soon open their new food hall which at 42,000 sq.ft will be the largest standalone food hall in the UK.
Following Practical Completion, Burgess were retained by British Land to verify and validate all tenant connections and integration into the landlords systems.
- Developer: Bluebutton Developer Company (2012) Limited
- Principal Contractor: Sir Robert McAlpine
- Commissioning Managers: Burgess
BREEAM Very Good
Working adjacent to and above an operational railway station
Provision of systems for connections of multiple tenancies
Integration of retained and new equipment / systems
Redevelopment of iconic 1980’s building
Key building in the Broadgate redevelopment scheme
Mixed use commercial, retail and public realm
Sir Robert McAlpine
Project Challenges & Characteristics
Prior to the commencement of the new construction works, Burgess were engaged to undertake a full and detailed validation of all existing MEP services. The results of this survey then governed which equipment and systems could be retained and which needed upgrade or replacement.
- Maintaining good water quality throughout with part new / part existing pipework
- Establishing shell and core completions prior to handover for tenant connections
- Management of the tenant connections and integrations
- Ensuring that the highly sophisticated evacuation strategy was commissioned correctly
- Recommissioning of existing staircase pressurisation systems